<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Friday, November 07, 2008Y
Sleepless

Half past midnight and my mind is on crack. Bossy jap clients changing their plans and demanding more freebies, reluctant sponsors giving half-assed efforts and pacifying replies, temperamental colleagues throwing explosive tantrums and bawling their eyes out in the middle of meetings.

Even in the dead of the night I could hear the lady boss droning on and on in her unusual Kansai accent about work and what needs to be done . She has a way of talking with an expectation of a physical/verbal response from you every few seconds throughout her one-sided conversation. Especially tiring when you have the additional task of keeping the both of you alive while weaving through the wildly congested traffic in KL city.

The consistent ticking of my egg-yolk-colored alarm clock whirled me up further instead of lulling me to sleep, bringing to mind the frustrating phone conversations I had throughout the day. Everyone is a friend until you need a favor (or sponsorships for your over-ambitious clients).

Even as I stare at the boyfriend's calm, sleeping face I couldn't stop the irritated sounds from the next cubicle at work breaking the peaceful quiet; the stressed-out (from work? from home? who knows?) colleague that bangs her mouse on the desk audibly when her computer takes a second longer to load, slams the phone receiver down in the middle of heated negotiations with suppliers, makes unnerving tsk-ing sounds from the corner of her mouth that indicates she's on the verge of reaching her crazy everything-also-i-have-to-do-i-am anger zone again. Takes walking on eggshells to a whole new level when she's in that bitter zone.

And as I laid a hand over his chest, heaving up.. and down.. rhythmically, I couldn't block out the constant complaining and bitching that is constantly present no matter who I talk to in the workplace. Lady boss is an inconsiderate, selfish... woman who's always out to reduce the mileage claim rate. Colleague A is the biggest kaypochi in this side of Bangsar. Colleague B is incompetent, which is why she always breaks down when it's crunch time. Maybe it's just idle banter, or maybe they just need to vent.

I pressed the light button on my clock. 2.35am.

I just want to fall asleep.

4:12 p.m. Photobucket