It’s such a thrill, to finally have the LG Ice Cream in my hands, running my fingers across the breathing illuminations and LED graphics that appear on the cover like stars in dark skies. The intricate designs and silver lining that offsets the glossy white covers…
Sighz, I try to be all nonchalant and grown-up sometimes, but all my efforts to maintain that façade with a penchant for moody colors (dark purple, maroon) and cynical sarcasm just goes down the drain at times like this.
I’m a sucker for pastel colors and shiny things. Blinking heart-shaped emoticons. Fluffy soft toys.
Purple-maned white unicorns. The shopaholic series (the boyfriend actually winced when I asked him to watch that movie with me).
(Although I honestly do not see the appeal of girly shops that sell gaudy items with glittery sequins and bright pink accessories and decorations that usually sell stuff that have faux girl power slogans such as I’M A GIRL HEAR ME ROAR or GIRLS RULE BOYS DROOL. That is not proper girly. That is teenage angst with an estrogen overdose.)
The phone dealer couldn’t hide his surprise when I told him of my plan to trade in a PDA 3G touch screen phone for a girly, nothing-to-shout-about-technically phone that costs less than half the price.
'It’s like changing from driving a Benz to a Kancil wor,’ the dark-skinned Chinese guy with dy+d hair styled in manner of pre-marriage Nicholas Tse exclaimed, his eyebrows halfway up his wrinkled forehead.
I nodded my head chirpily. It just does it for me.