I finally watched the movie. And I liked it. Sweet but not cheesy, funny without being stupid.
And so, so true.
Not all of it, of course. I don’t believe MySpace is the new booty call, for starters.
But the scene where the three girls were gathered at Beth’s(Jennifer Aniston) desk, and Gigi came bustling in with-
MONALISA SMILE.
That’s where I’d seen that actress (Gigi) before! Gosh I’d been trying to recall that movie title since I left the cinema.
And Ben was the masochistic walking ego from Wedding Crashers, and Kelli Ann was one of the feather-brained girlfriends from White Chicks.
Feels good to finally get that off my mind. Not unlike how one feels after picking out that annoying piece of pie crust that was stuck in between your molars for half an hour.
To be honest, I’d started off wanting to dissect the movie and its theories, and complain about how exposed I feel after the movie because it was obviously an unauthorized documentary piece of my life, but then I figured the movie’s been reviewed and talked about to death so I’ll just settle with some of my favorite quotes from the movie:
‘I want to make you happy. I need to make you happy, in order to even have a shot at being happy myself.’
‘I need you to stop being nice to me unless you’re going to marry me.’
‘I love you. Even if I get pissed off, or angry or upset with you, I’ll never stop loving you.’
‘So am I the rule or the exception? - You’re my exception.’
‘Am I… will I be Al Pacino in this scenario?’
‘If you can find him, he can find you. If he wants to find you, he will.’
OK one of these quotes doesn’t belong to the movie. Can you tell which one? Hehee~