<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Friday, May 08, 2009Y
Matchmaking Aftermath

I hear from her everyday. Emails, SMSes, calls throughout the day. She calls me if the guy so much as sneezes, bombards my inbox with long, detailed word-for-word account of their phone conversations at night, SMSes me when I don’t pick up her incessant calls. I admit, it was mildly amusing at first; I was curious of the progress of my first (and very possibly last, omg the after-sales service is so not worth the good deed) matchmaking attempt, but after the second phone call at 10 in the morning, I am ready to storm over to her office, grab the phone attached to her ear and fling it to a very hard, sturdy wall.

So he calls you sounding incoherent and drunk at midnight. So he’s started calling you ‘dear’ over the phone. So he didn’t call you when he promised you he would. So he called even when you didn’t expect him to.

Stop asking me what any of this means!

How am I supposed to know what he means when he insisted on being your ‘special boyfriend’ while you remain as only his ‘friend’? How in the world am I to understand your petty bickerings and flirty fights between the two of you? And please don’t even start giving me a blow-by-blow of your arguments. I don’t even want to know. I don’t need to know what kind of silly jokes you guys share, how the jokes started and how the jokes didn’t start. Nor do I need to know the reason he forgot to reply your email, send you a good night SMS, etc.

You guys only met two weeks ago and things seem to be going in a favorable direction. Honestly, I’m happy for you. But I really don’t need to hear from you every 10 hours. Give the matchmaker a break, would you?


12:33 p.m. Photobucket