Quit my job. Lady boss took it surprisingly well – I suppose her getting a boyfriend recently has mellowed her somewhat. She’s been so nice lately that I almost began to have doubts about my resignation. Almost. New job is about 20 minutes away from my house, and that is including traffic congestion. Parking there is predictably going to be hell, but the people seem nice (don’t they always though..?) and the pay sounds decent. The irony is that we’re going to move out of the house in a couple of months, so one of the merits of this new job might just be cancelled out.
Another irony is that I got a few more job interviews after I accepted the offer, in places even nearer to my current house, and in fields that pique my interest a fair bit too. Will continue to go to the interviews, just to get exposure and name cards if nothing else.
Sis is coming back end of this month! Had arranged job transition period that will spare me two weeks to hang out with her. Might be less than that as sis is flying off to Japan to visit her high school best friend during the same week, but will make the most of the time we have together.
Did a match-making stint a couple of weeks ago, and the two specimens seem to be getting along much better than I’d initially thought. Kudos to self for going with nagging instinct to set these two single hearts up, despite the language barrier and culture differences. Goes to show that fate is nothing but female instincts on proactive mode. Next project? G-Sh…. Ehehe.
The boyfriend and I are flying to JB and Singapore this weekend for my cousin’s wedding. And meet up with Su. Am excited but nervous as well. Keep imagining myself getting diarrhea throughout the weekend and having boyfriend lying on a bed two feet away from me as I relieve myself ‘noisily’ in the hotel bathroom. Though is silly to be shy about these things with a man who’d seen long strands of drool trickling from the corner of my mouth.