I got in the office and there was a stranger at my desk. Sitting on my chair. Using my Mac computer. Puzzled, I walked up next to her and asked, "Umm, Hi. You are...?"
"Ohh! You must be Cindy. I'm new. Matt said I could sit here, and to tell you that he's changed your desk somewhere else."
Turning to my far right, I narrowed my eyes suspiciously - sure enough, a few cubicles away, Matt was gesturing to the seat next to him. "Your new desk is here, Ms Cindy." He could hardly keep his face straight.
I shook hands with the new girl, apologizing for the mix-up, and marched towards the culprit. I noticed all my belongings were already there - my water bottle, my stationery, etc.
"I go on leave for a few days and you transferred me?!"
"Here better la. Now you can hang out with us all the time." He snickered.
Sitting beside him, Kenny looked up from his computer screen and laughed out loud, "He means he can kacau you easier now. No need to throw paper balls or flash laser lights."
"And it's so much easier to shoot you with our Nerf guns at close range," Ben, the third musketeer sitting in front of us chimed in, a huge grin on his face.
"Faster do work la, ng sai jou ar," Matt chided casually, his eyes intent on his Mac.
Shrugging to myself, I switched on my computer, anxious about my document files. I clicked on My Documents, and was immediately bombared with a full-screen video of an obese man dancing to some Euro-techno music - wearing nothing but a pair of boxer-shorts. And the volume was on full blast. I tried to switch off the video but it was too late. People around were turning around to look.
The three guys were holding their stomachs, leaning on each other for support as they tried to catch their breaths from laughing so hard.
"YOU GUYS!" I practically yelled, my cheeks burning red from all the unwanted attention.
"I... I.. I din know you were into fat men, Cindy," one of them managed to speak in between guffaws.
"What's all this for!?" I tried to maintain a stony face, but it was hard to stay mad for long - They'd always asked me to move to that cubicle with them; I just didn't know how much they meant it.
"See? We make you happy early in the morning, so nice."
"Yaya, so nice. Thanks for the welcome-back," I smiled sarcastically, and tried to get back to work as everyone quieten down.
All the icons on the Desktop led to the Dancing Fat Man Video, each evoking a bigger laugh than the last from the jokers.
Serious, with colleagues like these...??