Why aren't we allowed cash refunds? I feel like cursing ala Namewee in his TNB video. So unfair! We have our consumer rights you know! We can bring you to the Consumer Tribunal (not sure what that is, but images of half-naked men and women in animal hides holding hands in a circle, a huge bonfire in the middle lighting up their solemn faces come to mind. Kinda like Survivors) you know!
The boyfriend say one, and he works in Bank Negara so it must be true. *controls inner Namewee*
I was hunting for a laptop sleeve for my Little White Baby, and after a full day of mall-hopping I settled on a Golla laptop sleeve. Wasn't that crazy over it but it was the least geeky one I could find (is it just me, or do IT people have no sense of aesthetics at all?? I mean, really, neon-blue laptop case made out of spongy foam-like material..? I want a pretty glove for my LWB, not a friggin thermos-warmer).
I was particularly specific with the size, coz I want it to be a snug fit for my LWB. Nothing too big and frumpy,
Baby needs to show off its pretty curves, but nothing too
hoochie tight either. And it said so on the label, 13'' for MacBook. So I bought it.
IT DOESN'T FIT. I tried to stuff LWB in the best I could without scratching it but nope, it refuses to close properly. Something was not right. The boyfriend tried it, and he managed to zip the whole thing up but not without having to struggle for quite a bit, and not without a shriek or two from me to avoid scratching the precious thing.
Not satisfied with how it turned out, I checked online to see if other people had the same problem as me. AND THEY DID.
See here.
For those who can't be bothered to read the entire review, here's a couple of screenshots to prove I'm not being a prick about this.
Did I mention that it was stated on the label that it's FOR MACBOOK 13"? Just wondering.
CONCLUSION: THEY SHOULD RENAME IT THE 13'' LAPTOP SLEEVE THAT DOES NOT FIT 13" LAPTOPS.
Slightly reassured, I went back to the store the next day to get a refund. And they wouldn't. Even after I brought my LWB along and demonstrated how their lousy product failed to serve my LWB properly. Even though I said my boyfriend, who works in Bank Negara, says that we can bring them to Consumer Rights Civil Court (sounded more severe than Consumer Tribunal, so I improvised a little) for this.
Still they didn't budge.
"See on our receipt. It says no cash refund." The salesgirl pointed at the receipt, her beady eyes unmoving. I resisted the urge to rip the receipt into pieces and yell, "The receipt you write one mar, not carved in stone also!"
Instead, I exchanged for another slightly bigger laptop sleeve. Not my favorite color nor design, but I know when I'm fighting a losing battle. And I do need protection for the precious one rather urgently...
Hmph. You wait. I ask the boyfriend to complain to Auntie Zeti about you. And that's Tan Sri Dr. Zeti for you. Blek.