We were loitering around Robinsons when he told me to pick out a ring.
"Huh?" I stared at him, trying to figure out if he was pulling my leg.
"A ring. Or anything you like. I just want to make you happy." He said with a shrug, an easy grin on his face. Ohh ok, it's not a proposal, I thought to myself in mild
relief disappointment relief.
"But why? Why now?" Although I already kind of knew the answer. He was leaving for Everest in two days, and he knew how much it was affecting me. Hence the material spoiling.
"Just take it as an early birthday present! Why so suspicious??" He laughed as I continued to squint at him.
"Well, I dowan to simply grab something now. Let me do my research and get back to you," I replied haughtily, pretending that the thought of him leaving me with some precious jewels before he heads off to the snowy mountains didn't fill me with dread. What, is this like a final parting gift or something?! I was bawling inside, but remained a nonchalant veneer.
"You buy me the stuff when you come back. Promise?" I mock-glared at him, and he chuckled as he circled his arms around my shoulders.
"Ok Ok. You go do your research k."
A Day After His Triumphant(?) Return
We were at the Swarovski Crystals store in Pavilion, and I was having a difficult time deciding (as usual). All I know was that I wanted a ring, coz I don't wear bracelets and I'm not that much of a pendant-wearer. Rings, I adore.
And I was deciding between two vastly-different styles when the boyfriend interrupted the practical vs. shopaholic debate inside my head.
"Get both la," said the millionnaire-mindset boyfriend.
"Are you serious?!" I could see the saleslady trying to hide a smile from the corner of my eye.
"Yeah, one for your birthday and one for Christmas," he beamed at me, as if he just came up with the solution for time-travelling.
So anyway, that's what I got. Hee.
I absolutely fell in love with this one. Always had a thing for big rings, and it's so shiny and white and TURQUOISE! I've tried to expand my ring color collection, but seriously I always end up with something turquoise. I have about 6 of them, but this one is gonna be my last turquoise ring, I know it. It's the end of my quest for the ultimate turquoise ring. THIS, is the ultimate turquoise ring. Ok I'll shut it.
I got a few proposal scares with this one. "Are you engaged?!" "Andrea proposed ah?" Cue meaningful stare at the said ring. But it's not an engagement ring. It's actually a two-piece ring - what can I say, I'm a sucker for gadgety accessories. Rings that can turn into earrings, earrings that can double up as pendants... ^0^
And he bought me a Haagen Daz cake for my birthday dinner with my family! Macadamia nut and white chocolate with strawberries, yum2.
I've received a lot of gifts in the past, expensive stuff, vacation trips and all, but I think this is the happiest I've ever been when receiving the gifts. It kinda blows you away to know that there is someone who would do so much to make you happy.