<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6521234?origin\x3dhttp://blessedbubbz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=3054107564476057249&blogName=url.blogspot.com&publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&navbarType=BLACK&layoutType=CLASSIC&homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2F&searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Furl.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>
Tuesday, December 29, 2009Y
Journal for 2010

We were talking about organizers/planners that corporations usually give out for free during this time of the year.

My mom offered me a huge black leather-bound organizer from Public Bank, but I told her no because I don't wanna be lugging around something that can brutally severe my toes should I accidentally drop it. Plus, I've always made my own journals. Not the greatest works of art, but they inspire me to write more and it makes me feel light-hearted just looking at them.

Admittedly, I've been using a store-bought journal for the past year, but only because I got it for free and it's really not the run-of-the-mill planners. It's a dainty hand-sewn canvas journal that I got from my ex-boss when she went to Japan.





So I was a little skeptical when the boyfriend said the Bank Negara 2010 planner is not the usual boring organizers. I thought it was his way of telling me to stop spending money coz I was going on about getting some supplies to make my own 2010 journal, but then he handed me this, and it kinda blew me away.





Well ok it didn't really blow me away, but this thing is really not that bad. It reminds me of MoMA (Museum of Modern Art in NYC) somehow, with its subtle use of colors to exalt art and its influence in our society, that kind of creative reasoning for art appreciation and preservation. And the note pages even resembled the new 2010 Starbucks planner.

I thought it was rather revolutionary for a straight-laced institution like the Central Bank to come up with such a liberal piece of work, till I realized it was actually done by the Bank's Museum and Art Gallery.

Yes, the bank has its own museum and art gallery, with not only national monetary artifacts like coins, but original artworks by artists all over Asia.

So anyway, I'm probably not making my own journal for the coming year.

Maybe a photo album instead. ^_^

2:51 p.m. Photobucket