The boyfriend got a couple of free tickets to the new movie Zombieland, so we went to watch despite my longstanding vow never to watch horror movies since Stef and I walked out of The Eye while the opening credits were still running.
But I know the boyfriend loves all movies gory and scary, and I saw the previews and behind the stage interviews on TV (it's not really scary-scary, more sarcastic-witty fake-scary), so we went for it.
Was scarier than I thought, but terribly funny most of the time. The boyfriend and I haven't laughed in the cinema so hard since... hm, Where Got Ghost? ...although that was pretty creepy too. Oh since Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs, maybe.
The movie's about this nerdy guy who manages to survive even though almost everyone else in the world has turned into zombies, and the reason he's able to last so long is because of the 32 rules of survival he created for himself.
It makes me chuckle because the movie contents were so similar to one of the most frequent conversation topics I hear around, with my former colleagues, with the boyfriend and his friends - How To Survive A Zombie Fest.
"Shoot first, don't care." "Must pair up with at least one more person, then can jaga front and back." "Wear turtlenecks all the time. (?)"
Throughout the movie, the geeky hero revealed about 4 or 5 of his rules, but I was curious about the full list so I decided to google a little (fabulous life of the unemployed =P).
#1 Cardio

#4 Don't be a hero

#7 Travel light
#8 Get a kickass partner

#21 Avoid strip clubs

#31 Check the backseat
#32 Enjoy the little things
Found some rules that weren't shown in the movie too.
# Always carry a change of underwear
# Double-knot your shoe[lace]s
# It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Unless it is a sprint, then sprint.
# Pack your stain stick
Not my most intellectual post, but it's pretty amusing stuff. XD