"Do you think we're still in our honeymoon period?"
"Hmm, what do you think?"
"Hey I asked you first!"
He smiled mischievously, never leaving the road. I narrowed my eyes at him from the passenger seat, not ready to let him off so quickly.
"Look! Is that the moon?" His surprised tone broke the easy silence. Taken by surprise, my eyes automatically followed the direction of his pointing finger.
It was a perfectly round moon, hung so low in the sky it almost seemed to collide with the skyscrapers, but that wasn't what made us gasp in awe.
Unlike its usual pale yellow shade, the moon emitted a dark gold color, with an earthy hue that accentuates the bumps on its surface… like a honeycomb.
"It's a honey moon!" I exclaimed, pun intended, laughing.
His eyes twinkled cheekily. "I guess that's your answer right there."
"So you're saying that we're still in our honeymoon is it, coz the moon's honey-colored," I rolled my eyes dramatically as if I'm too used to his buttery-smooth ways.
"Uh huh," He nodded enthusiastically, toothy grin in place.
Bowing my head in mock surrender, and though my heart was swelling oh-so-predictably by then (the mind is strong but the body is weak..? =P) I said, "Sweet-talk King, I kowtow to you."